Regression is arguably the most widely used machine learning technique, commonly underlying scientific discoveries, business planning, and stock market analytics. This learning material takes a dive into some common regression analyses, both simple and more complex, and provides some insight on how to assess model performance.
In this module, you will:
- Understand how regression works
- Work with new algorithms: Linear regression, multiple linear regression, and polynomial regression
- Understand the strengths and limitations of regression models
- Visualize error and cost functions in linear regression
- Understand basic evaluation metrics for regression
Familiarity with machine learning models