Learning to code sometimes feels out of reach - but if we've learned anything from the people who have bursted through our atmosphere, orbited our Earth, or walked on the Moon, goals that seem out of reach simply require determination and passion. That that's the goal of this Over the Moon inspired learning path.
Over the Moon is a film about Fei Fei, a young girl who builds a rocket to the moon on a mission to prove the existence of a legendary Moon Goddess. Fei Fei is fueled by the memories and love of her mother to use her determination and imagination to accomplish something beyond this world: reach the moon. While the story takes place in a beautifully drawn universe, it is directly related to the types of problems real-life engineers face as they prepare and execute missions to the Moon and beyond.
These modules were inspired by Fei Fei's story and the story of real NASA engineers and astronauts. Tying together principles of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence with tools like Python, Visual Studio Code, and Azure, these modules guide you through upskilling in tech while imagining how to solve space travel related challenges. These modules are a part of a multi-modal approach to learning, meaning you can also follow along with some video tutorials that are a part of the Learn with Dr G Learn TV video series. And don't forget to watch Over the Moon on Netflix today!
Through these modules, you will learn how to:
- Gather data from multiple sources
- Aggregate data into Pandas dataframes
- Use Python and Pandas to explore data
- The strategies for cleansing and manipulating your data
- Create a good dataset of images for training AIs
- Ensure ethical practices throughout AI development
- Hypothesize how much rock sample astronauts should collect
- Identify and predict meteor showers
- Train a custom vision AI on a particular animal