Welcome to the world of quantum computing!
Whether you're a developer or simply someone who wants to get a feel for what quantum computing is all about, this learning path is a great place to start exploring quantum computing and optimization.
Imagine you're the new member of a space crew. The spaceship is equipped with a computer that has access to the Azure Quantum servers on Earth and you can use the power of quantum to complete different tasks. During your training as a new crew member, you'll learn about quantum computing and optimization and how to use the Microsoft Azure Quantum service.
After completing this learning path, you'll be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of quantum computing.
- Identify the kinds of problems quantum algorithms can solve more efficiently than classical algorithms.
- Build basic quantum programs by using the Quantum Development Kit and Q#.
- Interact with the Azure Quantum cloud service.
- Adapt and create Q# applications to run them on actual hardware.
- Apply quantum-inspired optimization to a combinatorial optimization problem.
- Solve a job shop scheduling optimization problem.
You don't need to take the modules in the listed order. Take a look at each module's description and prerequisites. Many modules do not have prior requirements. If you would like to use the Azure Quantum cloud service, for either quantum computing or optimization, start with the first module. If you would like to learn more about quantum programming using the Quantum Development Kit and the Q# programming language, feel free to jump to your first Q# program.