Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace review policies
The rating and review policies for Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace are listed here.
In AppSource and Azure Marketplace reviews, Microsoft will not tolerate the following behaviors or content:
- Privacy compliance violations
- Spam content
- Scam content
- Offensive content: obscene, profane, or offensive language or gestures
- Illegal content
- Abusive, hateful, or threatening content
- Defamatory content
- Repeated submissions of the same or similar content
- Advertising, including promotion of other apps and services
Microsoft reserves the right to remove review-related content submitted by a user for any reason.
Microsoft reserves the right to block a user from submitting review-related content for any reason.
Publishers will receive no notification on the removal of review-related content related to their applications.
Users will receive no notification on the removal of review-related content submitted by them.
Microsoft is not obligated to provide an explanation relating to the removal of review-related content.
Microsoft will not honor requests to restore removed review-related content.
Review guidelines for customers
- Do not submit content that could be in violation of the AppSource and Azure Marketplace review policy.
- Do not include personally identifiable information (PII) such as email address, physical address, telephone numbers and etc.
- Ensure that your review is clear, readable, and informative.
- Ensure that viewpoints expressed in your review are balanced and neutral.
- Remember that you are posting in a public forum and act accordingly.