Apply with LinkedIn
Note 1: The Apply with LinkedIn offering that utilized the Profile API is no longer offered; the below is the only Apply with LinkedIn offering, along with the complementary Apply Starters Explorer plugin. As of December 31, 2018, implementations of Apply with LinkedIn via the Profile API will not work as the only supported approach to offering Apply with LinkedIn capabilities is the plugin documented below
Note 2: Please review the FAQ Page
Apply with LinkedIn aims to maximize customer value by ensuring customers never lose a candidate in their application flow.
- When a job seeker visits the ATS application flow and has an active LinkedIn cookie, the new "Apply with LinkedIn" displays. For paid jobs on LinkedIn, once that job seeker clicks apply, we can then share the LinkedIn profile of that applicant back to the customer, even if that applicant fails to submit their application. The profile of these applicants are surfaced to the customer in various pages on LinkedIn, including within Recruiter, as a list within Manage Jobs, and various e-mail digests.
- Additionally, this drives more submissions for our customers as more job seekers pre-fill application fields. The new Apply with LinkedIn removes friction in the process - candidates do not need to proceed through an oAuth authentication flow. Instead, we automatically pre-fill application fields with a single click if the user has an active LinkedIn cookie.
- Lastly, we add conversion tracking so that we can help our customers distinguish between those members who have only started their application by clicking "Apply with LinkedIn" and those who have finished their application and are in the ATS.
If you are not yet a LinkedIn Talent Solutions Partner, please complete the LinkedIn Talent Solutions Partner Request Form.
Before beginning development you will need to be provisioned access to test resources, and your API applications will have to be enabled to access Apply With LinkedIn. You can request access by completing the following steps:
- Create API applications for the integration. You may create either 2 or 3 API applications per integration - 1 for production, and up to 2 for development and testing. (Note: You may skip this step if you have done this already for Recruiter System Connect .)
- Please contact the member from LinkedIn Business Development who you have been working with and request to fill out the Partner Onboarding Form.
Middleware Customer Configuration for Partners (e.g. ATS)
For Partners (e.g. ATS)
If you are a LinkedIn Partner (e.g. Applicant Tracking System) implementing Apply with LinkedIn for multiple customers, you will need to first implement the customer configuration plugin . This document outlines how to implement our onboarding plugin that allows customers to setup Apply with LinkedIn (and other LinkedIn integrations, too).
Please note : This is a required step for partners.
For reference, you will need to store the following fields for each customer as you will be using them to power the Apply with LinkedIn plugin:
|apiKey||API Key created by Provisioning API|
|integrationContext||Organization (company) identifier retrieved via Customer Configuration Plugin|
For Customers (i.e. proprietary ATS or career page solution)
If you are implementing Apply with LinkedIn for your company only and have a signed agreement (see Note 1 above), please continue on to Integrating with Apply with LinkedIn .
Please note : you will need to send the API key (Client ID) for the application you created to your dedicated LinkedIn Business Development representative for it to be whitelisted. In return, LinkedIn will send you back an integrationContext that will be used in the plugin.
Note 3: Customers who implemented Apply with LinkedIn prior to Jun 2018 and use their unique company identifier (
data-company-token ) in the plugin, can keep using the provided value. The plugin is backwards compatible so no change is required.