Add Microsoft Store apps to Microsoft Intune
Before you can assign, monitor, configure, or protect apps, you must add them to Intune.
Add an app to Intune
You can add a Microsoft Store app to Intune by doing the following:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Select Apps > All apps > Add.
- In the Select app type pane, under the available Store app types, select Windows store app.
- Click Select. The Add app steps are displayed.
- To configure the App information for Windows store apps, navigate to the Microsoft store and search for the app you want to deploy. Display the app page and make a note of the app details.
- In the App information page, add the app details:
- Name: Enter the name of the app as it is to be displayed in the company portal. Make sure that any app name that you use is unique. If an app name is duplicated, only one name is displayed to users in the company portal.
- Description: Enter a description for the app. This description is displayed to users in the company portal.
- Publisher: Enter the name of the publisher of the app.
- Appstore URL: Type the App Store URL of the app that you want to create. The URL can be found by searching the Microsoft Store for the desired app. Use the URL from the browser address bar.
- Category: Optionally, select one or more of the built-in app categories, or a category that you created. Doing so makes it easier for users to find the app when they browse the company portal.
- Show this as a featured app in the Company Portal: Select this option to display the app suite prominently on the main page of the company portal when users browse for apps.
- Information URL: Optionally, enter the URL of a website that contains information about this app. The URL is displayed to users in the company portal.
- Privacy URL: Optionally, enter the URL of a website that contains privacy information for this app. The URL is displayed to users in the company portal.
- Developer: Optionally, enter the name of the app developer.
- Owner: Optionally, enter a name for the owner of this app, for example, HR department.
- Notes: Optionally, enter any notes that you want to associate with this app.
- Logo: Optionally, upload an icon that will be associated with the app. This icon is displayed with the app when users browse the company portal.
- Click Next to display the Scope tags page.
- Click Select scope tags to optionally add scope tags for the app. For more information, see Use role-based access control (RBAC) and scope tags for distributed IT.
- Click Next to display the Assignments page.
- Select the group assignments for the app. For more information, see Add groups to organize users and devices.
- Click Next to display the Review + create page. Review the values and settings you entered for the app.
- When you are done, click Create to add the app to Intune.
The Overview blade of the app you've created is displayed.
The app that you've created is displayed in the apps list, where you can assign it to the groups that you select.
Microsoft Store apps can only be assigned to groups with the assignment type Available for enrolled devices (users install the app from the Company Portal app or website).