Use Fresh Start to reset Windows 10 devices with Intune
The Fresh Start device action removes any apps that are installed on a PC running Windows 10, version 1709 or later. Fresh Start helps remove pre-installed (OEM) apps that are typically installed with a new PC.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center and select Devices > All devices.
- From the list of devices you manage, choose a Windows 10 desktop device.
- Click Fresh Start.
- Select Retain user data on this device to:
- Keep the device Azure AD joined
- Device is enrolled into mobile device management again when an Azure Active Directory enabled user signs into the device.
- Keep the contents of the device user's Home folder, and remove apps and settings
If you do not retain user data, the device will be restored to the default OOBE (out-of-box experience) completed state retaining the built in administrator account. BYOD devices will be unenrolled from Azure AD and mobile device management. Azure AD joined devices will be enrolled into mobile device management again when an Azure Active Directory enabled user signs into the device.
- Click OK.
- To see the status of this action, go back to Devices and click Device actions.
- The device will be restored to the initial sign-in screen.