Deploy Microsoft Teams for Surface Hub
Before you install Teams for Surface Hub, be sure to do the following:
□ Make sure hardware, operating system, and other requirements are met. For more information, see the Microsoft Surface Hub admin guide.
□ Make sure the minimum operating system update required for Teams is installed - KB4343889.
□ Assign a Teams license to the Hub device account.
□ If you are transitioning from Skype for Business Online, confirm that a Teams license is assigned to the user.
Install Teams for Surface Hub from the Microsoft Store
These instructions are for installing Teams for Surface Hub from the Microsoft Store.
- Start the Microsoft Store:
a. Tap Start > All Apps > Settings.
b. Tap Surface Hub Device account, management.
c. On the left, tap the Apps & Features tab.
d. On the right, tap the Open Store button.
- From the Microsoft Store, search for Microsoft Teams. The Microsoft Teams for Surface Hub will be displayed. Tap the Get the app button to install.
- When the installation is complete, restart the Surface Hub.
Do not tap Launch from the Store listing page.
Make Teams the default calling and meetings application
There are two options for configuring the default calling and meetings application policy:
- Option 1: Configure via USB key.
- Option 2: Configure via MDM such as Intune.
Option 1: Configure via USB key
The packages can be found on this download page. Pick the appropriate one for the package that you're planning to install and copy it to a USB key. The correct .ppkg file to use depends on the default application policy you'd like to apply as follows:
|0||Skype preferred app on the Start Screen, Teams Meetings available|
|1||Teams preferred app on the Start Screen, Skype Meetings available|
|2||Teams exclusive app on the Start screen (Skype app not available)|
- Attach the USB key to the Surface Hub device.
- Open the Settings app on a Surface Hub device.
- Open Surface Hub Device Account Management.
- Open Device Management.
- Click Add or Remove a provisioning package.
- Click Add Package.
- Select the Removable Media option from the drop-down menu.
- Add the appropriate TeamsRTMMode*.ppkg package that was previously copied to the USB key.
- Restart the Surface Hub device.
- After the device restarts, you should be able to start the Teams app from the Start screen and join a meeting from the calendar.
Option 2: Configure via MDM such as Intune
Use the following to configure the default calling and meetings application policy via Intune. Also see the blog, Deploy the Microsoft Teams for Surface Hub app using Intune.
|Data Type||integer (0-2)||0 - Skype preferred app on the Start Screen, Teams Meetings available
1 - Teams preferred app on the Start Screen, Skype Meetings available
2 - Teams exclusive app on the Start screen (Skype app not available)
|Data Type||string - set string to Teams application package ID as Microsoft.MicrosoftTeamsforSurfaceHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Teams|
Restart the Surface Hub device. After the device restarts, you should be able to start the Teams app from the Start screen and join a meeting from the calendar.
Send feedback about: