Report.Requery method (Access)
The Requery method updates the data underlying the specified report by requerying the source of data for the control.
expression A variable that represents a Report object.
You can use this method to ensure that a form or control displays the most recent data.
The Requery method does one of the following:
- Reruns the query on which the report is based.
- Updates records displayed based on any changes to the Filter property of the report.
If you omit the object specified by expression, the Requery method requeries the underlying data source for the report that has the focus. If the control that has the focus has a record source or row source, it will be requeried; otherwise, the control's data will simply be refreshed.
- The Requery method updates the data underlying a form or control to reflect records that are new to or deleted from the record source since it was last queried. The Refresh method shows only changes that have been made to the current set of records; it doesn't reflect new or deleted records in the record source. The Repaint method simply repaints the specified form and its controls.
- The Requery method doesn't pass control to the operating system to allow Windows to continue processing messages. Use the DoEvents function if you need to relinquish temporary control to the operating system.
- The Requery method is faster than the Requery action. When you use the Requery action, Microsoft Access closes the query and reloads it from the database. When you use the Requery method, Access reruns the query without closing and reloading it.
Support and feedback
Have questions or feedback about Office VBA or this documentation? Please see Office VBA support and feedback for guidance about the ways you can receive support and provide feedback.