Release history for Office Deployment Tool
The Office Deployment Tool (ODT) is a command-line tool that you can use to download and deploy Click-to-Run versions of Office, such as Office 365 ProPlus, to your client computers.
The ODT gives you more control over an Office installation. You can define which products and languages are installed, how those products should be updated, and whether or not to display the install experience to your users. For information on how to use the ODT, see the Overview of the Office Deployment Tool.
Supported Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
Install Instructions: Download and then run the self-extracting executable file, which contains the Office Deployment Tool executable (setup.exe) and a sample configuration file (configuration.xml).
January 16, 2020
- Fixes an issue where Office installation UI may display in an incorrect language when multiple languages are installed
- Fixes an issue where Office installation may unexpectedly fail when certain proofing tools packages are installed
- Adds support to optionally control initial deployment of Microsoft Search in Bing feature
October 31, 2019
- Fixes an issue to allow Skype for Business Basic 2019 to install with 2019 perpetual enterprise volume licensed products
- Fixes an issue that may cause ODT download mode to fail unexpectedly in certain circumstances when a proxy is used
- New capability that allows ODT download mode to download via HTTP using a port other than port 80
July 10, 2019
- Added support for additional products when installed with Office 2019: Access Runtime, Skype for Business Basic.
- Added support for conditional installation of standalone products when upgrading from MSI.
April 23, 2019
- Fixed a bug with RemoveMSI=True to clean up related registry settings.
- Updated error codes to provide additional detail for unexpected failures (E_UNEXPECTED).
April 16 2019
- Support for upgrading 32-bit C2R to 64-bit C2R with new MigrateArch attribute.
- Updated logic for /configure that allows accessing configuration XML files stored in web locations (http and https).
- MatchInstalled added as a new attribute which allows ODT to match the existing version when adding additional products or languages.
March 13, 2019
- Improvements to upgrade and migration scenarios.
January 14, 2019
- Improvements to logging and telemetry for deployment configuration.