Use the sync client on virtual desktops
For all supported operating systems, the OneDrive sync client supports:
- Virtual desktops that persist between sessions.
- Non-persistent environments that use Windows Virtual Desktop preview.
The sync client also supports non-persistent environments that have FSLogix Apps 2.8 or later, FSLogix Office 365 Container, and a Microsoft 365 or Office 365 subscription for all of the following operating systems:
- Windows 10, 32 or 64-bit (supports VHDX files)
- Windows 7, 32 or 64-bit (supports VHD files)
- Windows Server 2016 R2 or Windows Server 2012 R2 (both support VHDX)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (supports VHD)
For Windows Server, the SMB network file sharing protocol is also required.
For info about creating virtual hard disks, see Manage virtual hard disks