Product Subscriptions report available from the Partner Center Insights dashboard
Appropriate roles: Global admin | Admin agent | Report viewer | Executive report viewer
The Product Subscriptions report presents analytics on cloud subscriptions that you have sold or that you manage for your customers. This is a product-specific report that includes performance of subscriptions associated with cloud products such as Office 365, Azure, Dynamics, and others.
You can view the following sections from the Product Subscriptions report.
- Geographical spread of subscriptions
- Subscriptions add/churn trend
- Subscription distribution by partner locations, sales channel, SKUs, partner attach type, segment
- Trend by subscription states
- Products trend
This report is available from the Insights dashboard. To view this report, you must be assigned a specific role in Partner Center, such as Global admin, Account admin, Report viewer, or Executive report viewer. For more information, see your company's Global admin. Specific types of data in this report may also be available only to users with Executive report viewer privileges.
The summary section presents a snapshot view of the key performance indicators (KPIs) related to subscriptions sold or managed by you for your customers.
For more information about each section of the summary, see below:
- Current count of the cloud product subscriptions sold or managed by you.
- Percentage growth or decline of subscriptions during your selected date range.
- The Micro chart presents a month-over-month trend of subscriptions count during your selected date range.
- Current count of cloud product subscriptions with Active usage measured based on product telemetry. This excludes all trial subscriptions for Azure subscriptions.
- Percentage growth or decline of active subscriptions over the selected time period.
- The Micro chart presents a month-over-month trend of active subscriptions during your selected date range.
- Total customer subscriptions added (sold or managed) by you during the selected date range. New subscriptions with Active or Renewed state are counted as Subscriptions added.
- Percentage growth or decline of subscriptions added in the last full month compared to the first full month.
- The Micro chart presents a monthly trend of subscriptions added during your selected date range.
- Total customer subscriptions churned during your selected date range. Subscriptions with state Deprovisioned or Suspended in that month are counted as a churned subscription.
- Percentage of subscriptions churned during the selected date range.
- The Micro chart presents a monthly trend of subscriptions churned over the selected date range.
Subscriptions by products: Breakdown of the current subscription count by cloud products.
Geographical spread of subscriptions
The Subscriptions by geography view show the geographical distribution of total subscriptions by customer markets. The total subscription amount includes both sold subscriptions and active subscriptions.
The Number of countries/region table presents the total countries/regions where you have subscriptions and the amount per country of total and active subscriptions.
You can search and select a country in the grid to zoom to the location in the map. Press the Home option on the map to revert to the original view. Hover on the map to view all subscriptions and active subscriptions by country. Both fields on the grid are sortable.
This view presents a trend of subscriptions. These are broken down into different categories (New, Existing, Churned) for the selected date range. The X-axis represents months of the selected date range. The Y-axis represents subscription count. Churned subscriptions are represented on the negative scale of the Y-axis.
The stacked column chart presents a breakdown of new, existing, and churned subscriptions for the month. You can rebuild the column chart, broken down with specific stack items. To do so, select those specific items in the legend. You can also use the slider on top of the chart to zoom into a specific period.
This view presents a breakdown of your current subscriptions by your Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) locations, customer segments, sales channel/Azure pricing model, and the attribution type. Select the respective tabs to view the breakdown by these categories. To build the pie chart with a breakdown of specific item categories, select those item categories in the legend.
Subscription state distribution
This view shows distribution of your current customer subscriptions by subscription state or status. This includes the following subscription states: Active, Disabled, Deprovisioned, Open, InGracePeriod, Closed, and Others.
This view shows a bar chart and two pie charts. The bar chart presents a monthly trend of subscriptions broken down by commercial products, such as Azure, Office, and Dynamics.
The two pie charts show a breakdown of your current customer subscriptions. The first pie chart breaks down subscriptions by products. The second pie chart breaks down subscriptions by SKUs or plans. When you select a product in the breakdown by Products pie chart, the adjacent pie chart will show you a breakdown of that product's subscriptions by SKUs.
The subscription count broken down by SKUs may not always match the total subscription count for that product. This may occur if a customer has purchased multiple SKUs under the same product subscription.
- For more reports, see Partner Center Insights.
You can download the raw data powering this report from the Download Reports section in the Insights dashboard. Learn More