Sample: Bulk delete records that match common criteria
This sample shows how to delete records, in bulk, that match common criteria. You can download the sample from here.
Unsure about entity vs. table? See Developers: Understand terminology in Microsoft Dataverse.
How to run this sample
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the Microsoft Dataverse instance you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which Dataverse instance you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
Those samples in this repo that require a connection to a Dataverse instance to run will include a linked reference to the cds/App.config file.
What this sample does
BulkDeleteRequest message is intended to be used in a scenario where it contains data that is needed to create the bulk delete request.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
- Creates an sample account record.
- Queries for a system user to send an email to, after the bulk delete operation completes.
BulkDeleteRequestcreates the bulk delete process and set the request properties.
InspectBulkDeleteOperationmethod inspects and display the information about the created
RetrieveBulkDeleteOperationmethod retrieves the
- Checks whether the standard email templates are present.
PerformBulkDeletemethod performs the main bulk delete operation.
Display an option to delete the sample data that is created in Setup. The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the tables and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.
Submit and view feedback for