Connect to Azure Audit Logs with Power BI
With the Azure Audit Logs content pack you can analyze and visualize the information stored in the audit logs. Power BI retrieves your data, builds an out-of-the box dashboard, and creates reports based on that data.
How to connect
Select Get Data at the bottom of the left navigation pane.
In the Services box, select Get.
Select Azure Audit Logs > Get.
When prompted, enter your Azure Subscription ID. See details on finding your subscription ID below.
For Authentication Method, select oAuth2 > Sign In.
Enter your account credentials to finish the sign in process.
Power BI will retrieve your Azure Audit Log data and create a ready-to-use dashboard and report.
- Try asking a question in the Q&A box at the top of the dashboard
- Change the tiles in the dashboard.
- Select a tile to open the underlying report.
- While your dataset will be schedule to refreshed daily, you can change the refresh schedule or try refreshing it on demand using Refresh Now
The Azure Audit logs content pack requires access to Audit Logs in the Azure Portal. More details here.
There are two easy ways to find your Subscription Id.
- From https://portal.azure.com -> Browse -> Subscriptions -> Subscription Id
- From https://manage.windowsazure.com -> Settings -> Subscription Id
Your subscription ID will be long set of numbers and characters, similar to the example in Step #4 above.
If you're seeing a credentials error or an error trying to refresh due to invalid credentials, please try deleting all instances of the Azure Audit logs content pack and reconnecting.