Connect to Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights with Power BI
Explore and monitor your Microsoft Azure consumption data in Power BI with the Power BI content pack. The data is automatically refreshed once a day.
Connect to the Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights content pack for Power BI.
How to connect
Select Get Data at the bottom of the left navigation pane.
In the Services box, select Get.
Select Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights > Get it now.
Provide the number months of data you want to import and your Azure Enterprise enrollment number. See details on finding these parameters below.
Provide your Access key to connect. You can find your enrollment key in the Azure EA Portal.
The import process begins automatically. When complete, a new dashboard, report, and model appear in the Navigation Pane. Select the dashboard to view your imported data.
- Try asking a question in the Q&A box at the top of the dashboard
- Change the tiles in the dashboard.
- Select a tile to open the underlying report.
- While your dataset is scheduled to refresh daily, you can change the refresh schedule or try refreshing it on demand using Refresh Now
The Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights content pack includes monthly reporting data for the month range you provided when connecting. The range is a moving window, so the dates included are updated as the dataset refreshes.
The content pack requires access to the Enterprise features within the Azure portal.
Power BI reporting is available for EA Direct, Partner, and Indirect Customers who can view billing information. Read below for details about finding each of the values the connection flow expects.
Number of Months
- The number of months (1-36) of data from today you'd like to import.
Your Azure Enterprise enrollment number, which you can find at the Azure Enterprise Portal home screen under Enrollment Detail.
You can find your access key in the Azure Enterprise portal, under Download Usage > API Access Key.
- For additional help setting up the Azure Enterprise Power BI Pack, sign in to the Azure Enterprise Portal and view the API Help File under Help. You can also find additional instructions under Reports -> Download Usage -> API Access Key.