|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Admins, makers, or analysts, automatically||May 30, 2019||Dec 2, 2019|
Variables are used to store customer information that can be referenced later in a conversation, saving the bot author time when creating complex interactions and communicating with other systems.
The system can parse a user’s natural language response, extracting the appropriate customer information and assigning it to a variable for use in the conversation. Variables enable complex and rich conversations with a customer and are powerful tools in helping the bot to resolve a customer’s inquiry or problem.
Key capabilities for variables:
- Use variables in conversations
- Use variables for Power Automate inputs and outputs
- Debug variables with powerful tools
- Custom variable types and synonyms
- System-supplied variable types
Work with variables (docs)