User access diagnostic experience
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Admins, makers, or analysts, automatically||Apr 2020||-|
Managing user access often requires troubleshooting across the Dynamics 365 portal, Microsoft 365 admin portal, and the Power Platform admin center with information on users' access statuses. New features enable the administrator to determine an access issue and take required action across the various portals.
The set of features to help an administrator troubleshoot user access issues will include the following:
- Sign-in and in-app access issue error screens with more context on the cause of the issue will be surfaced to the user.
- One-click "Send Error Report" functionality from error screens to inform admins about the user’s access issue.
- Admins can view the details of the error that the user encountered with the context of the error including: user’s email, environment URL, error code, error string, and a link to troubleshooting instructions.
- Improved deflection to cover more scenarios, including an option to on-demand sync a user for any access issue.
- Ability to on-demand sync users in an environment, see results, and see information on how to troubleshoot any failure.
- Ability to prioritize adding users to an environment and see results.
- A consolidated view in Power Platform admin center showing the set of users present in an environment, their enablement status, and diagnosis information.
- Power Platform admin center will also list any environment-wide user sync failures due to plug-ins owned by customers with troubleshooting guidance.