UX improvements to sub grids and form tabs in Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets app
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users, automatically||-||Jan 25, 2021||Apr 5, 2021|
We've made improvements to the usability of how data is presented on a form for model-driven apps on Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets running on iOS and Android.
- Sub grids have a prominent header that separates them from the rest of the sections on the form.
- Form tabs are more discoverable because you can scroll and span horizontally across the screen. When you select a tab, it adjusts the header just enough to reveal the next few tabs.
- Empty sub grids display the option to add a new record inline reducing the number of taps needed to add a record.
- The jump bar (ABC) has been removed from grids, and you can now have the option to Search this View at the top of the grid instead of a command.
- Commands on the sub grid are also updated to show up in a drawer from the bottom of the screen, consistent with the page-level commands.