Sample: Convert a fax to a task
This sample shows how to convert a Fax to a Task. You can download the sample from here.
How to run this sample
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the Common Data service for Apps instance you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which CDS for Apps instance you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
Those samples in this repo that require a connection to a Common Data Service for Apps instance to run will include a linked reference to the cds/App.config file.
What this sample does
CreateRequiredRecords method creates the sample data that is required for the sample. The
retrievedFax method retrieves the fax.
DeleteRequiredRecords method gives an option to delete all the data that sample has created.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
WhoAmIRequestmethod gets the current user details.
ActivityPartymethod creates the activity party for sending and receiving fax.
Faxmethod creates the fax required for the sample.
- Retrieves all the fax id's that are created in Setup.
- Creates a task and verifies whether the task has been created.
- Displays an option to delete all the data created in the sample.
- The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the data created by the sample. You can manually delete the data to achieve same results.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.