Sample: Convert queries between FetchXML and QueryExpression
This sample shows how to convert queries between FetchXML and QueryExpression. You can download the sample from here.
How to run this sample
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the Common Data Service instance you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which Common Data Service instance you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
Those samples in this repo that require a connection to a Common Data Service instance to run will include a linked reference to the cds/App.config file.
What this sample does
fetchExpressionmessages are intended to be used in a scenario that contains queries in a hierarchy of expressions and FetchXML respectively.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
CreateRequireRecordsmethod creates an account and two contact records that are used by the sample.
QueryExpressionbuilds a query expression that we will convert into FetchXML.
DoFetchXmlToQueryExpressionConversionclass creates a Fetch query that we will convert into a query expression.
conversionRequestmethod converts the generated query expression into FetchXML and vice versa.
- Use the converted query to make retrieve multiple request.
Display an option to delete the records created in the Setup.
The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the entities and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.