Create a portal in an environment containing customer engagement apps
If you select an environment that contains customer engagement apps (Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, Dynamics 365 Field Service, Dynamics 365 Marketing, and Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation), you can create the portals mentioned in Portal templates.
- There can be only one portal of each type and for a language created in an environment. For more information, go to creating additional portals.
- To learn about the roles required to create a portal, read Admin roles required for portal administrative tasks.
To create a portal in an environment containing customer engagement apps, sign in to Power Apps and follow these steps.
On the left pane, select Create.
Scroll down to Start from template section.
In the search box on the right-side of the screen, enter "Portal".
Alternatively, view the templates of the type Portal.
Select the required portal template.
In the create portal window, enter a name for the portal and address for the website, and select a language from the drop-down list. When you're done, select Create. The creation process is same as described in the Create a Dataverse starter portal section.
- If you have purchased an older portal add-on, and want to provision a portal using the add-on, you must go to the Dynamics 365 Administration Center page. More information: Provision a portal using the older portal add-on
- If you have provisioned a portal using the older portal add-on, you can still customize and manage it from make.powerapps.com.
- Provisioning portals from make.powerapps.com does not consume the older portal add-ons. Also, these portals are not listed under the Applications tab on the Dynamics 365 Administration Center page.
- A Dataverse starter portal cannot be created from the Dynamics 365 Administration Center page.
- To disable portal creation in a tenant, see Control portal creation in a tenant.
- When you create a portal, a few solutions are installed and sample data is imported.