PowerShell learning resources
Additional resources for learning about PowerShell.
Blogs and community
In addition to the Help available at the command line, the following resources provide more information for users who want to run PowerShell.
- PowerShell Team Blog. The best resource for learning directly from the PowerShell product team.
- The Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog articles are scenario-driven, and written in an engaging and lively manner.
- Have questions about using PowerShell? Connect with hundreds of other people who have similar interests in one of the many community forums listed on the PowerShell Community page.
Microsoft Virtual Academy
The Microsoft Virtual Academy videos have been moved to Channel 9.
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerShell
- Advanced Tools & Scripting with PowerShell 3.0 Jump Start
- Testing PowerShell with Pester
- Getting Started with PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Advanced PowerShell DSC and Custom Resources
- SharePoint Automation with DSC
Resources for PowerShell Developers
The following resources provide resources to help developers create their own PowerShell modules, functions, cmdlets, providers, and hosting applications.