These topics summarize common programming concepts with side-by-side code examples or tables. This information is designed for those who want to learn a new language or refresh their memory of how to work with a particular language.
The following programming languages are covered:
- Visual Basic
- Visual J#
- C, C++, and the Managed Extensions for C++
- Visual FoxPro
In This Section
- Programming Concepts Compared in Different Languages with Code Examples
Provides example code for basic tasks (such as declaring variables and passing parameters) that cannot be summarized with a keyword.
- Keywords Compared in Different Languages
Provides a table of equivalent keywords, with links to reference topics.
- Data Types Compared in Different Languages
Provides a table of data types for each of the languages, with links to reference topics.
- Operators Compared in Different Languages
Provides a table of operators for each of the languages, with links to reference topics.
- Controls and Programmable Objects Compared in Different Languages
Provides a table of controls and classes, with links to reference topics, for the following languages, technologies, and libraries:
- Visual Basic 6.0
- Windows Forms controls
- ASP.NET server controls
- HTML server controls
- MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes)
- ATL (Active Template Library)
- Visual FoxPro
- Programming Languages
Provides recommendations about which programming language to use.
- Visual Basic Programming
Provides links to conceptual and reference information about the Visual Basic language.
- Visual C# Programming
Provides links to introductory information, reference topics, and descriptions of code wizard support for the C# language.
- Managed Extensions for C++ Programming
Provides links to introductory and upgrading information, as well as reference topics for the Managed Extensions for C++.
- C/C++ Languages
Provides links to reference topics about C and C++.
Provides links to conceptual and reference information about JScript.
- Comparison Between C++ and C#
Contrasts features of these two languages.
- Keywords and Members by Task (Visual Basic)
Provides a summary of and links to more information about arrays, collections, data types, operators, and so forth.
- Language Changes in Visual Basic
Lists differences between previous versions of Visual Basic and Visual Basic .NET.
- Visual J# Reference
Documents Visual J# compiler options, language support, and class library support.