MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS MICROSOFT ROBOTICS STUDIO (1.5) (Commercial)
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
- Internet-based services, and
- support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below for each license you acquire.
a. Software. The software includes development tools, software programs, samples and documentation.
b. License Model. You must already have a valid license for Microsoft Robotics Studio 1.5 (Non-Commercial) (called your “Non-Commercial License”) in order to acquire the commercial license rights under these license terms. By acquiring this commercial license, you now obtain additional rights for the software that were not available to you under the Non-Commercial License as provided below. The software is licensed on a per user basis. If you are a company or an entity, then you must purchase a commercial license for each user within your company or entity that will use the software as described in these license terms. In addition, there is a limitation on the number of times you may copy and/or redistribute the Runtime Files (as defined below) under these license terms. If you wish to use and/or redistribute additional copies of the Runtime Files, then you must purchase another commercial license to do so.
c. Supersedes Non-Commercial License. By agreeing to these license terms or using the software for the commercial purposes permitted by these terms, you agree that these terms govern your use of the software. These license terms supersede and replace all terms of your Non-Commercial License.
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. General. One user may install and use one copy of the software on a single computer, for use in designing, developing and testing your commercial programs and publications.
b. Included Microsoft Programs. These license terms apply to all Microsoft programs included with the software. If the license terms with any of those programs give you other rights that do not expressly conflict with these license terms, you also have those rights.
c. Third Party Programs. The software may contain third party programs. The license terms, if any, with those programs apply to your use of them.
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS AND OBLIGIATIONS.
a. Distributable Code. The software contains code that you are permitted to distribute in programs you develop if you comply with the terms below.
- Right to Use and Distribute. The code and text files listed below are “Distributable Code.”
- RUNTIME Files. The “Runtime Files” are the code listed in RUNTIME.TXT files. You may copy and use for internal business purposes and/or distribute (directly or indirectly) no more than two hundred (200) instances of the object code form of the Runtime Files (in the aggregate for all such purposes). An “instance” is a copy of the Runtime Files as installed on a PC, robot or other device. If you are a company or entity, then this right applies for each commercial license you have purchased from us.
- Sample Code. You may modify, copy, and distribute the source and object code form of code included in the samples directory.
- Third Party Distribution. You may permit distributors of your programs to copy and distribute the Distributable Code as part of those programs.
- Distribution Requirements. For any Distributable Code you distribute, you must
- add significant primary functionality to it in your programs;
- require distributors and external end users to agree to terms that protect it at least as much as this agreement;
- display your valid copyright notice on your programs;
- Distribution Restrictions. You may not
- alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the Distributable Code;
- use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs’ names or in a way that suggests your programs come from or are endorsed by Microsoft;
- distribute Runtime Files to run on a platform other than the Windows platform;
- include Distributable Code in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs; or
- modify or distribute the source code of any Distributable Code so that any part of it becomes subject to an Excluded License. An Excluded License is one that requires, as a condition of use, modification or distribution, that
- the code be disclosed or distributed in source code form; or
- others have the right to modify it.
b. Additional Functionality. Microsoft may provide additional functionality for the software. Other license terms and fees may apply.
c. Notice Regarding Software: The software is complex computer software. Performance of the software will vary depending upon the hardware platform, software interactions, and the software’s configuration. The software may have bugs. You bear the entire risk of using it and/or distributing the Distributable Code.
d. General Use Obligations. For any software developed and/or distributed (including Distributable Code), you must
- determine that the software (including distributable code) is suitable in quality and performance for use by you and/or your entity and for your products and services;
- include failure mode and effects analysis for your foreseeable uses in your testing of your products and/or services;
- use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent injury or loss during use of your products and/or services and the applications you create using the software;
- ensure the device which accompanies the Distributable Code meets the relevant standard of care for such devices;
- provide appropriate notices or warnings to end users of this software and/or your products or services or others who may be affected by such use; and
- indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims, including attorneys’ fees, related to the distribution or use of your programs.
If you give feedback about the software to Microsoft, you give to Microsoft, without charge, the right to use, share and commercialize your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You also give to third parties, without charge, any patent rights needed for their products, technologies and services to use or interface with any specific parts of a Microsoft software or service that includes the feedback. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Microsoft to license its software or documentation to third parties because we include your feedback in them. These rights survive this agreement.
5. SCOPE OF LICENSE.
The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. For more information, see www.microsoft.com/licensing/userights. You may not
- disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third party without Microsoft’s prior written approval;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- publish the software for others to copy;
- rent, lease or lend the software; or
- use the software for commercial software hosting services.
6. BACKUP COPY.
You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall the software.
Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS.
The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
9. SUPPORT SERVICES.
Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
This agreement (including the warranty below), and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
11. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
12. LEGAL EFFECT.
This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY.
The Software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the entire risk of using it. We give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, we exclude the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
14. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES.
You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to the amount you paid for the software. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if
- repair, replacement or a refund for the software does not fully compensate you for any losses; or
- Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. They also may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, some of the clauses in this agreement are provided below in French.
Remarque : Ce logiciel étant distribué au Québec, Canada, certaines des clauses dans ce contrat sont fournies ci-dessous en français.
EXONÉRATION DE GARANTIE.
Le logiciel visé par une licence est offert « tel quel ». Toute utilisation de ce logiciel est à votre seule risque et péril. Microsoft n’accorde aucune autre garantie expresse. Vous pouvez bénéficier de droits additionnels en vertu du droit local sur la protection des consommateurs, que ce contrat ne peut modifier. La ou elles sont permises par le droit locale, les garanties implicites de qualité marchande, d’adéquation à un usage particulier, et d’absence de contrefaçon sont exclues.
LIMITATION DES DOMMAGES-INTÉRÊTS ET EXCLUSION DE RESPONSABILITÉ POUR LES DOMMAGES.
Vous pouvez obtenir de Microsoft et de ses fournisseurs une indemnisation en cas de dommages directs uniquement à hauteur du montant que vous avez payé pour le logiciel. Vous ne pouvez prétendre à aucune indemnisation pour les autres dommages, y compris les dommages spéciaux, indirects ou accessoires et pertes de bénéfices.
Cette limitation concerne
- toute affaire liée au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers ; et
- les réclamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie ou condition, ou au titre de responsabilité stricte, de négligence ou d’une autre faute dans la limite autorisée par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s’applique également, même si
- la réparation, le remplacement ou le remboursement du logiciel ne compense pas intégralement toute perte subie ; ou
- Microsoft connaissait l’éventualité d’un tel dommage.
Certains États n’autorisent pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects ou accessoires, de sorte que la limitation ou l’exclusion ci-dessus peut ne pas vous être applicable. Elles peuvent également ne pas vous être applicables, car votre pays n’autorise pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit.
Le présent contrat décrit certains droits juridiques. Vous pourriez avoir d’autres droits prévus par les lois de votre État ou pays. Vous pourriez également avoir des droits à l’égard de la partie de qui vous avez acquis de logiciel. Le présent contrat ne modifie pas les droits que vous confèrent les lois de votre État ou pays si celles-ci ne le permettent pas.