Running the Predictor Resource
You use the Commerce Server Predictor resource to add predictive capabilities to your Web site, such as predicting which products users may purchase based on products similar users — those sharing the same characteristics — have purchased previously.
You use the Predictor resource to build analysis models, which consist of predictive and segment models. The Predictor resource uses the data already present in the Data Warehouse to build the analysis models. After you build an analysis model manually using the Predictor resource, you can use the Model Builder DTS task to schedule automatic rebuilding of the analysis model. For information about running the Model Builder task, see Running the Model Builder DTS Task. For information about how Model Builder DTS Task imports data into the Data Warehouse, see ETL Process for the Model Builder DTS Task.
This section contains:
- Workflow for the Predictor Resource. Illustrates the workflow for building, analyzing, and deploying analysis models.
- About the Predictor Resource. Describes the predictive capabilities supported by the Predictor resource. Also described are the Predictor resource components.
- Best Practices for the Predictor Resource. Describes ways to improve the performance of the Predictor resource.
- Predictor Data Size Limits. Describes the performance criteria for the Predictor resource.
- Analyzing Model Effectiveness. Explains how to test, interpret, and improve analysis model effectiveness.
- Configuring the Predictor Resource. Explains how to configure the Predictor resource for use with databases other than the Commerce Server Data Warehouse.
- Starting and Stopping the Predictor Service. Explains how to start and stop the Predictor service.
- Setting Up Model Configurations. Explains how to set up the model configurations that you use to build analysis models.
- Building a New Analysis Model. Explains how to build a new analysis model based on a model configuration.
- Saving and Importing Models. Explains how to save model configurations to files and import saved models to your database.
- Viewing Analysis Model Configuration Tables. Explains how to view analysis model configuration tables.
- Viewing Analysis Models. Explains how to view the analysis models you created. To view the analysis models, you use either the Prediction Model Viewer in Commerce Server Manager or the Segment Viewer in Commerce Server Business Desk.
- Using Dependency Network View. Explains how to use the Prediction Model Viewer to view the dependency network.
- Using Decision Tree View. Explains how to use the Prediction Model Viewer to view the decision tree.
- Manually Rebuilding an Analysis Model. Explains how to manually rebuild an analysis model.
- Automatically Rebuilding Analysis Models. Explains how to schedule the the rebuild process.
- Renaming an Analysis Model. Explains how to rename an analysis model.
- Deleting an Analysis Model. Explains how to delete an analysis model.
- Monitoring the Predictor Resource. Explains how to monitor the Predictor resource for processing errors.