Integrating with BizTalk Server
By integrating Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000 or later editions with your Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 installation, you can contract with vendors to receive catalogs of their products, and then fill orders for products that are sold on your site. Although it is not required that both you and your vendors install BizTalk Server, this section explains how to set up BizTalk Server systems for both you and your vendors.
This section provides details regarding areas of integration for existing Commerce Server 2000 sites.
For detailed BizTalk Server deployment instructions and information about integrating BizTalk Server with Commerce Server 2002 sites, see the file <%systemdrive%>\Program Files\Microsoft Commerce Server 2002\SDK\Samples\ASPNET\Retail2002\Retail2002_BizTalk Deployment.doc. This file is also available in the <%systemdrive%>\Inetpub\wwwroot\Retail2002B2B folder after the site has been unpacked.
- We recommend that you do not develop a production-quality site based on the Retail2002 Site. We recommend that you use the Commerce Server 2002 Starter Site to develop a production quality site. You can download the Starter Site from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37800.
Commerce Server Solution Sites are available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6491.
This section contains:
- About BizTalk Server. Describes the components of Commerce Server that work with BizTalk Server and provides an overview of steps for orders and catalog exchange.
- Product Catalog Integration. Describes how BizTalk Server can be used to import product catalogs from various vendors.
- Order Form Integration. Describes how an order form can be divided into multiple purchase orders (POs) by vendor, and how BizTalk Server can be used to send those POs to their corresponding vendors.
- Configuring Commerce Server to Work with BizTalk Server. Explains how to configure Commerce Server to integrate it with BizTalk Server.
- Setting Up the Source Server. Explains how to set up source and sender organizations for catalog or purchase order exchange.
- Setting Up the Destination Server. Explains how to configure the destination and receiver organizations on BizTalk Server.
- Setting Up Your Catalogs for BizTalk Server. Explains how to configure BizTalk Server for catalog exchange.
For additional information about integrating BizTalk Server and Commerce Server, see the Microsoft BizTalk Server documentation and the Commerce Server 2000 Resource Kit.
For programming samples, see "Designing Solutions with BizTalk Server" in the BizTalk Server Software Development Kit (SDK). For example, the SDK includes samples for dividing orders by vendor, transforming orders in Extensible Markup Language (XML), and using a BizTalk Server component to send orders to BizTalk Server.