The FPCRef object represents a reference to another object that is used in defining a rule or in specifying the settings for a feature.
An FPCRef object can reference an item with a specific scope and name. The scope indicates whether the item is defined for the array or for the enterprise. When an enterprise with central array management is deployed, rule elements, such as computers, computer sets, content type sets, domain name sets, IP address ranges, protocol definitions, schedules, subnets, URL sets, and user sets can be defined on the array level or on the enterprise level.
Note Enterprise-level rule elements are available only in Forefront TMG Enterprise Edition.
This object can be an element of an FPCRefs collection, and a new FPCRef object can be created by calling the Add method of this collection. The FPCRef objects contained in each instance of the FPCRefs collection reference items of the same type. The type of items referenced by the FPCRef objects in an FPCRefs collection is determined by the property through which the collection is accessed.
The FPCRef object is also held as a separate object that is not an element of an FPCRefs collection in the following properties:
- The AssignedServer property of the FPCVpnNetworkConfiguration object.
- The AssociatedStandardProtocol property of the FPCProtocolDefinition object.
- The AutoDialedNetwork property of the FPCDialingConfiguration object.
- The EnterprisePolicyUsed property of the FPCPolicyAssignment object.
- The LDAPServersSet property of the FPCLdapMatchingPattern object.
- The License property of the FPCUpdateService object.
- The Network property of the FPCIPOnNetwork object.
- The NetworkTemplateUsed property of the FPCArray object.
- The NetworkToObtainDHCP property of the FPCVpnConfiguration object.
- The PolicyGroupUsed property of the FPCPolicyRule object.
- The PublishedProtocol property of the FPCServerPublishingProperties object.
- The Role property of the FPCDelegatedAdmin object.
- The RdlReportCategory, RdlReportDefinition, and RdlReportParameter properties of the FPCRdlReportParameterInstance object.
- The RdlReportDefinition property of the FPCRdlReportRef object.
- The ReportingServicesManagerServer property of the FPCReportingServicesProperties object.
- The ScheduleUsed property of the FPCPolicyRule object.
- The Server property of the FPCAppliedSSLCertificate object.
- The ServerFarm property of the FPCLoadBalancingConfig object.
- The SSTPListener property of the FPCVpnConfiguration object.
- The UpdateService property of the FPCServiceUpdatesState object.
- The UrlCategory property of the FPCUrlToCategoryMapping object.
- The WebListenerUsed property of the FPCWebPublishingProperties object.
Click here to see the Forefront TMG object hierarchy.
The FPCRef object defines the following methods.
Reads all of the object's properties from persistent storage, overwriting any changes that were not saved.
Writes the current values of all of the object's properties to persistent storage.
The FPCRef object defines the following properties.
Gets a value from the FpcIncludeStatus enumerated type that specifies whether the referenced item is included in or excluded from the list of items to which a rule applies.
Gets the name of the item referenced by this object.
Gets a value from the FpcItemScope enumerated type that indicates whether the referenced item is defined on the array level or on the enterprise level.
Interfaces for C++ Programming
This object implements the IFPCRef and IFPCEERef interfaces.
|Client||Requires Windows 7 or Windows Vista.|
|Server||Requires Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition with SP2.|
|Version||Requires Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.|
Declared in Msfpccom.idl.
Build date: 6/30/2010