ASP.NET incorporates a variety of features and tools that enable you to design and implement high-performance Web applications. Using built-in features of ASP.NET, you can monitor and improve the performance of your applications.
In This Section
- Developing High-Performance ASP.NET Applications
Provides suggestions for techniques that can help improve throughput in your Web applications.
- Optimizing Performance in ASP.NET
Provides suggestions for techniques for improving the performance of ASP applications that have been ported to ASP.NET.
- How to: Precompile ASP.NET Web Sites
Describes how to use the ASP.NET Compilation Tool (Aspnet_compiler.exe) to compile Web sites for faster initial response time.
- Monitoring ASP.NET Application Performance
Provides an overview of tools available in ASP.NET for examining performance of Web applications.
- Performance Counters for ASP.NET
Provides information on the performance counters available for monitoring ASP.NET.
- How to: View the ASP.NET Performance Counters Available on Your Computer
Describes how to examine the information logged about ASP.NET by performance counters.
- Design and Configuration for Performance
Provides an overview of various design, configuration, compilation, and memory options available in ASP.NET for improving application performance.
- Performance Considerations for Applications Using Services
Describes techniques to optimize performance when using ASP.NET membership, roles, profile properties, session state, Web Parts personalization, and site navigation.
- ASP.NET Caching
Provides information on storing page output and often-used application information in server memory for improved performance.
- ASP.NET Health Monitoring
Provides links to topics on how to monitor your application's health and be notified of problems.