DropDownList Web Server Control
The DropDownList Web server control enables users to select from a single-selection drop-down list box. The DropDownList control is similar to the ListBox Web server control. It differs in that it shows only the selected item in a box, along with a drop-down button. When users click the button, a list of items is displayed.
The following table lists topics that provide information about how to work with the DropDownList control. Because the control is similar in many ways to the ListBox control, some of the links below lead you to topics for that control.
In This Section
- How to: Set ASP.NET Web Server Control Properties
Suggests additional topics of interest concerning server control properties.
- How to: Add Items in List Web Server Controls
Gives directions for defining individual items in the DropDownList control, either at design time or programmatically at run time.
- How to: Populate List Web Server Controls from a Data Source
Gives directions for using a DropDownList control to display database information.
- How to: Determine the Selection in List Web Server Controls
Gives directions for checking in code what the user has selected.
- How to: Set the Selection in List Web Server Controls
Gives directions for preselecting items in the control.