Open Another Mailbox
If you have full access to a mailbox that appears in the shared address book and is not your own, such as a resource mailbox, you can use Outlook Web App to open that mailbox. To use this feature, you must already be signed in using your own account.
This information applies to the standard version of Outlook Web App. The feature that's described isn't available in the Outlook Web App Light.
How do I open another mailbox?
- Click your name in the upper-right corner of the window to open the Open Other Mailbox dialog box.
- Under Select Mailbox, enter the name or alias of the mailbox you want to open and click Open.
- If more than one match is found, a list of possible matches will be displayed.
- Click the name of the mailbox you want to open.
The mailbox opens in a new window.
What else do I need to know?
- If you don't have permission to open the mailbox, the new window displays the following message, "You don't have permission to open this mailbox."
- To obtain full access to a mailbox other than your own, contact your help desk or system administrator.
What if I want to know more?