Installing the Compliance Service
Topic Last Modified: 2009-01-22
Before you install the Compliance service, you need to complete the following tasks:
- Install Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Server on one or more servers, including all pre-installation and post-installation steps. For details, see Installing Group Chat Server.
- Set up the prerequisite hardware and software for the Compliance service and database. For details, see Preparing Server Platforms.
To install the Compliance service
Log on to the computer on which you want to install the Compliance service, using the account you provisioned to install Group Chat Server. This account must be a member of either the RTCUniversalServerAdmins or the Domain Admins user group.
Do any of the following, as needed:
- If .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not installed, in the dialog box that indicates that it must be installed, click Yes.
- If the appropriate version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 C++ Runtime is not installed, in the dialog box that indicates that it must be installed, click Yes.
- If the appropriate version of Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API (UCMA) v2.0 Redist 3.5.6774.0 UCMA API v1.0 Redistributable is not installed, in the dialog box that indicates that it must be installed, click Yes.
On the Start page, click Next.
On the License Agreement page, review the license agreement, click I accept the terms in the license agreement to proceed, and then click Next.
On the Customer Information page, specify the user name and organization name (the default information is taken from system properties), and then click Next.
On the Install Location page, verify the default location, which is <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\.
On the Select Features page, click the drop-down list box to the left of Chat Server, and then click the red X to specify that the Group Chat Server is not to be installed on the computer.
Only the Compliance service will be deployed during this installation.
On the Confirm Installation page, click Next.
After the Installation Progress page indicates that the process is complete, the Server Configuration wizard opens and the Installed Services page should indicate that the Compliance service is installed, but the Lookup service, the Channel service, and the Web service are not installed. Click Next.