Viewing the Status of Pools
Topic Last Modified: 2009-03-06
For each Enterprise pool and the pool of each Standard Edition server, you can view information about pool status, as well as the status of other components used by the pool, including the following:
- General settings for the pool, such as:
- Pool name
- Federation or global route
- Authentication protocol
- Compression settings
- Client maximum video quality
- Static IP routes
- Default certificate settings for servers
- Media settings, which include encryption level and media port range
- Meeting settings, such as:
- File locations for meeting content, meeting metadata, and meeting compliance data
- URLs for Live Meeting client download, technical support, Address Book Web Query service, and group expansion
- Settings for meeting compliance and group expansion
- Web Conferencing Edge Server and A/V Conferencing Edge Server address and port settings
- Archiving settings, including archiving settings and the Archiving Server address
- Monitoring settings, which include monitoring and call detail recording settings as well as the Monitoring Server address
- Address Book Server settings, including synchronization time and file locations
- Voice settings, such as:
- Phone lock settings
- Location profile
- Quality of service
- 802.1p setting
- Security mode
- PSTN dial-in conferencing settings for user PINs
- Communicator Web Access override settings for the sign-in URLs
Use the following procedure to check the status and settings of each pool in your organization. For details about managing server settings and configuring specific roles, see Managing Enterprise Pools and Standard Edition Servers.
To view the status and settings of a pool
Open the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 snap-in.
In the console tree, expand the forest node, and then do one of the following:
- For an Enterprise pool, expand Enterprise pools, and then click the pool for which you want to view status and settings.
- For a Standard Edition Server, expand Standard Edition servers, and then click the pool for which you want to view status and settings.
In the details pane, on the Status tab, view the status and settings for the pool.