Visual Studio Test Professional component directory
Applies to: Visual Studio Visual Studio for Mac
This article applies to Visual Studio 2017. If you're looking for the latest Visual Studio documentation, see Visual Studio documentation. We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Visual Studio. Download it here
The tables on this page list the IDs that you can use to install Visual Studio by using the command line or that you can specify as a dependency in a VSIX manifest. Note that we will add additional components as we release updates to Visual Studio.
Also note the following about the page:
- Each workload has its own section, followed by the workload ID and a table of the components that are available for the workload.
- By default, the Required components will be installed when you install the workload.
- If you choose to, you can also install the Recommended and Optional components.
- We've also added a section that lists the additional components that are not affiliated with any workload.
When you set dependencies in your VSIX manifest, you must specify Component IDs only. Use the tables on this page to determine our minimum component dependencies. In some scenarios, this might mean that you specify only one component from a workload. In other scenarios, it might mean that you specify multiple components from a single workload or multiple components from multiple workloads. For more information, see the How to: Migrate Extensibility Projects to Visual Studio 2017 page.
For more information about how to use these IDs, see Use Command-Line Parameters to Install Visual Studio 2017 page. And, for a list of workload and component IDs for other products, see Visual Studio 2017 Workload and Component IDs page.
Description: Test Professional provides integrated testing tools targeted at generalist testers, which help them drive their testing needs across the entire testing lifecycle.
Components included by this workload
|Component ID||Name||Version||Dependency type|
|Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.TestTools.FeedbackClient||Microsoft Feedback Client||15.6.27406.0||Required|
|Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.TestTools.MicrosoftTestManager||Microsoft Test Manager||15.6.27406.0||Required|
These are components that are not included with any workload, but may be selected as an individual component.
Support or troubleshooting
Sometimes, things can go wrong. If your Visual Studio installation fails, see Troubleshoot Visual Studio installation and upgrade issues for step-by-step guidance.
Here are a few more support options:
- We also offer an installation chat (English only) support option for installation-related issues.
- Report product issues to us via the Report a Problem tool that appears both in the Visual Studio Installer and in the Visual Studio IDE. If you're an IT Administrator and don't have Visual Studio installed, you can submit IT Admin feedback here.
- Suggest a feature, track product issues, and find answers in the Visual Studio Developer Community.