How to update links to external web pages for an enterprise environment
[ This article is for Windows 8.x and Windows Phone 8.x developers writing Windows Runtime apps. If you’re developing for Windows 10, see the latest documentation ]
Learn how to update links to external web pages for an enterprise environment.
Using group policy to set up ACUR
To set up the enterprise ACUR using group policy
- Open the group policy editor from an admin console.
- Select an existing policy or create a new policy.
- Go to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, or App runtime and set “Turn on dynamic content URI rules for Windows Store apps” to enabled.
- Click Show and Add to add any ACURs that are appropriate for the enterprise. For example, enter a value like “https://somecorp.com/*”.
- Click OK to close the rules page.
- Click OK to save the policy.
Using Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Device Management (DM) to set up ACUR
The setting that turns on dynamic content URI rules for apps is also included as part of the OMA-DM protocol (included with Windows starting with Windows 8.1). Check with your mobile device management provider about how to enable this setting.