About the Microsoft Forefront TMG Control Service
The Microsoft® Forefront TMG Control service (isactrl) performs the following functions:
- Starting other Forefront TMG services.
- Restarting other Forefront TMG services when certain changes are made through Forefront TMG Management, as described in the product documentation.
- Generating alerts and running actions.
- Updating the Forefront TMG Client (Firewall Client) configuration settings.
- Deleting unused log files.
- Synchronizing the configuration of a Forefront TMG computer with its Configuration Storage server.
You cannot use Forefront TMG Management to stop or start the Microsoft Forefront TMG Control service. To stop the service, enter the following at a command prompt:
net stop isactrl
If you stop the Microsoft Forefront TMG Control service, all the other Forefront TMG services will also be stopped.
Build date: 7/12/2010