Rendering Plug-in Developer Overview (deprecated)
This page documents a feature that may be unavailable in future versions of Windows Media Player and the Windows Media Player SDK.
From the developer's perspective, rendering plug-ins are software programs that receive arbitrary data from Windows Media Player, then render that data.
The following sections provide conceptual information you should understand before developing a rendering plug-in for Windows Media Player:
- About Arbitrary Data Streams (deprecated)
- Rendering Plug-in Packaging (deprecated)
- Connecting to Windows Media Player (deprecated)
- Data Input and Rendering (deprecated)
- Format Negotiation (deprecated)
- Providing a User Interface (deprecated)