SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags (SAPI 5.3)
Microsoft Speech API 5.3
The SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags enumeration lists flags that control the SpVoice.Speak method.
Enum SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags 'SpVoice Flags SVSFDefault = 0 SVSFlagsAsync = 1 SVSFPurgeBeforeSpeak = 2 SVSFIsFilename = 4 SVSFIsXML = 8 SVSFIsNotXML = 16 SVSFPersistXML = 32 'Normalizer Flags SVSFNLPSpeakPunc = 64 'TTS Format SVSFParseSapi = SVSFParseSsml = SVSFParseAutoDetect = 'Masks SVSFNLPMask = 64 SVSFParseMask = SVSFVoiceMask = 127 SVSFUnusedFlags = -128 End Enum
Specifies that the default settings should be used. The defaults are:
- To speak the given text string synchronously (override with SVSFlagsAsync),
- Not to purge pending speak requests (override with SVSFPurgeBeforeSpeak),
- To parse the text as XML only if the first character is a left-angle-bracket (override with SVSFIsXML or SVSFIsNotXML),
- Not to persist global XML state changes across speak calls (override with SVSFPersistXML), and
- Not to expand punctuation characters into words (override with SVSFNLPSpeakPunc).
Specifies that the Speak call should be asynchronous. That is, it will return immediately after the speak request is queued.
Purges all pending speak requests prior to this speak call.
The string passed to the Speak method is a file name rather than text. As a result, the string itself is not spoken but rather the file the path that points to is spoken.
The input text will be parsed for XML markup.
The input text will not be parsed for XML markup.
Global state changes in the XML markup will persist across speak calls.
Punctuation characters should be expanded into words (e.g. "This is it." would become "This is it period").
Force XML parsing as MS SAPI.
Force XML parsing as W3C SSML.
The TTS XML format is auto-detected. This is the default if none of these TTS XML format values are present in the bit-field.
Flags handled by SAPI (as opposed to the text-to-speech engine) are set in this mask.
This is an existing SAPI 5.1 mask that has every flag bit set. In 5.3, it has been extended to contain SVSFParseMask.
This mask has every unused bit set.