RTC Version 1.3 Objects and Interfaces
This topic describes the relationship between the various RTC Client API version 1.0 and 1.3 interfaces.
The following interfaces are new to version 1.3:
- IRTCParticipant2 interface inherits from IRTCParticipant. IRTCParticipant2 adds support for retrieving the device ID of a participant and information about whether a participant is a federated user and whether that federated system is archiving instant messages.
- IRTCPresenceDevice2 interface inherits from IRTCPresenceDevice. IRTCPresenceDevice2 adds support for retrieving the device ID of a device.
- IRTCSession3 interface inherits from IRTCSession2. IRTCSession3 adds support for starting a session to a specified device.
- IRTCClient2 interface remains the same for version 1.3. However, the IRTCClient2::InitializeEx method can take two additional flags for discarding unauthenticated requests.
- IRTCProfile3 interface inherits from IRTCProfile2. IRTCProfile3 adds a method that gets the registrar address of a profile.
- IRTCPortManager2 interface inherits from the IRTCPortManager interface. IRTCPortManager2 adds the UpdateRemoteAddressEx that specifies the remote port in addition to the parameters specified by UpdateRemoteAddress.