How to Implement an MI Provider
A Windows Management Infrastructure (MI) provider enables you to define management data and operations that can be performed on that data. For example, you can develop providers for anything that requires some sort of management at the network or enterprise level. This includes hardware such as hard drives, network connections, and printers as well as software settings such as services, drivers, and so forth. Each of this section's topics presents a set of step-by-step instructions that illustrate tasks such as how to build, register, and test an MI Provider using MI tools, Microsoft Visual Studio, and PowerShell.
- How to: Create a Visual Studio Project for an MI Provider
- How to: Generate an MI Provider from a MOF File
- How to: Build an MI Provider Using Visual Studio
- How to: Register an MI Provider
- How to: Test an MI Provider