Quick Start Guide
This Quick Start Guide provides a brief introduction to the Microsoft® .NET Micro Framework Platform SDK. It explains the hardware and software requirements for installing and using the SDK, and it shows the basics of developing and debugging applications. It also provides links to more detailed information.
In This Section
- Introducing the .NET Micro Framework Platform SDK
Develop firmware with the .NET Micro Framework SDK for devices too constrained to run other embedded systems.
- Supported Platforms and System Requirements
Evaluate your platform, hardware, software, and developer knowledge to ensure they meet the requirements for .NET Micro Framework development.
- Obtaining and Installing the .NET Micro Framework SDK
You can download the SDK from the .NET Micro Framework Web site. The SDK is also included with development boards.
- Creating a .NET Micro Framework Application
Using Visual Studio, you can create custom programs to run on devices you are also developing.
- Debugging a .NET Micro Framework Program
Discover the basics of debugging an application you have created.