Tutorial: Using Platform Builder with the Emulator
This guide helps you become familiar with Platform Builder and the new features of the Windows CE .NET operating system (OS). It provides a step-by-step tutorial for creating and debugging a custom run-time OS image and a simple application that runs in the Emulator.
In this tutorial you create an Enterprise Web Pad running the Hello World application that runs in the Emulator.
This tutorial assumes that you have installed Platform Builder and Windows CE .NET as described in the installation instructions, and have selected the Emulator as one of the installed CPUs. This tutorial takes approximately 50 minutes to complete.
In this tutorial, you complete the following steps:
- Tutorial Step 1: Creating a Custom OS Image for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 2: Building the Custom OS Image for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 3: Setting Up a Connection to the Emulator and Downloading the OS Image
- Tutorial Step 4: Debugging the OS on the Emulator Using the Kernel Debugger
- Tutorial Step 5: Localizing the OS Image for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 6: Creating and Building an Application for the Emulator
- Tutorial Step 7: Running the Application in the Emulator on the Custom OS Image
- Tutorial Step 8: Creating an SDK for eMbedded Visual C++
Last updated on Wednesday, April 14, 2004
© 1992-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.