Event ID 80 — AD RMS Databases Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) configuration database holds all configuration data for the servers in the AD RMS cluster. If the configuration database is not available, AD RMS users will not be able to publish and consume rights-protected content.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Source:||Active Directory Rights Management Services|
|Message:||The Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) certification pipeline cannot access the configuration database. Ensure network connectivity to the AD RMS configuration database.
Check disk space on AD RMS configuration database server
To resolve this issue, you should ensure that the database server is available on the network and that the server hosting the AD RMS configuration database has sufficient disk space.
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
Check AD RMS configuration database connectivity from AD RMS server
To check AD RMS configuration database connectivity from AD RMS server:
- Type ipconfig /all at a command prompt on the AD RMS server. Make sure that the AD RMS server has an IP address in the correct IP address range, and does not have an Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA) address (an IP address in the 169.254.x.x range).
- Type ping localhost to verify that TCP/IP is installed and correctly configured on the local computer. If the ping is unsuccessful, this may indicate a corrupt TCP/IP stack or a problem with the network adapter.
- Type ping ip_address, where ip_address is the IP address assigned to the computer. If you can ping the localhost address but not the local IP address, there may be an issue with the routing table or with the network adapter driver.
- Type ping dns_server, where dns_server is the IP address for the DNS server. If there is more than one DNS server on your network, you should ping each one. If you cannot ping the DNS servers, this indicates a potential problem with the DNS servers, or with the network between the AD RMS server and the DNS servers.
- Type nslookup adrms_cluster_url, where adrms_cluster_url is the name of the AD RMS cluster, and then press ENTER. If the nslookup command fails, type ipconfig /flushdns from a command prompt on each server in the AD RMS cluster.
- Restart the Internet Information Services (IIS) by typing iisreset at a command prompt.
- Restart the AD RMS server.
Caution: Restarting the AD RMS server should be done in accordance to any policies set forth by your organization regarding change management. Failure to do so could result in a disruption of service.
Check AD RMS configuration database server disk space
To check AD RMS configuration database server disk space:
- Log on to the configuration database server.
- Click Start, and then click Computer.
- On the volume hosting the AD RMS configuration database files, right-click the partition, and then click Properties.
- Ensure that there is free disk space on this volume.
Use these sections to ensure that the AD RMS Logging service is started and that the AD RMS configuration database is available.
Verify AD RMS logging database availability
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify AD RMS logging database availability:
- Log on to a server in the AD RMS cluster.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Double-click AD RMS Logging service, and verify that the service status is Started.
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 for each AD RMS server in the cluster.
Verify AD RMS configuration databasae availability
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local AD RMS Enterprise Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify AD RMS configuration database availability:
- Log on to a computer in the AD RMS cluster.
- Open the Active Directory Rights Management Services console. If the console opens without error, the configuration database is available.