Event ID 1799 — Active Directory Integration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Windows Deployment Services depends on Active Directory Domain Services for various functions. The Pre-Boot Execution Environment (PXE) provider creates machine accounts and service control points (SCPs) in Active Directory. An SCP is a child object under a Windows Deployment Services server account object, and it is used to store configuration data for the server. For example, an SCP can mark the server as a Windows Deployment Services server so that other Windows Deployment Services servers can find it.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||An error occurred while trying to read parameter '%1' from the registry. These parameters are used to create the Service Control Point object in Active Directory Domain Services for this Windows Deployment Services server.
Error Information: %2
Check the registry configuration or reinitialize the server
For the service control point (SCP) to be created, the server must be able to read the configuration data from the local registry. To resolve this issue, ensure that the registry data is not missing or corrupt. Also confirm that the computer has sufficient permissions to read the data.
Caution: Incorrectly editing the registry might severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data.
To perform this procedure, you must either be a member of the local Administrators group or have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Open Registry Editor. (Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.)
- Ensure that the BINLSVC registry key exists at the following location:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WDSServer\Providers.
- If this key does exist at the specified location, ensure that the SYSTEM account used by BINLSVC has permission to read from the registry. To do this, right-click the WDSServer node, click Permissions, click SYSTEM, and then make sure that Full Control is selected.
- If the key is missing or corrupt, you will need to reinitialize the server (in the Command Prompt window, run wdsutil /uninitialize-server, and then run wdsutil /initialize-server /reminst:).
To perform this procedure, you must either be a member of the local Domain Admins group or have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To ensure that there is a service control point (SCP) in Active Directory:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers. (Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and click Active Directory Users and Computers)
- Browse to the computer account for the Windows Deployment Services server.
- Right-click the server, and then click Properties.
- Ensure that there is a Remote Install tab with the introductory sentence "You can manage this remote installation server." The presence of this tab indicates that there is an SCP for this object.