Event ID 10021 — DHCPv6 Server Service
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) can lease both Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) addresses. If IPv6 is not available, the DHCP service uses IPv4 only.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||DHCPv6 service failed to initialize the database. The following error occurred:
Restore the DHCP database from a known good backup
If the DHCP server database becomes corrupted or is lost, recovery is possible by replacing the server database file (Dhcp.mdb), located in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Dhcp folder, with a backup copy of the same file.
If the DHCP Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in was used previously to perform a backup, you can obtain the backup copy of the server database file located in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Dhcp\Backup folder. You can also restore the Dhcp.mdb file from a tape backup or other backup media.
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To restore a backup copy of the DHCP database:
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Type net stop dhcpserver, and then press ENTER.
- Type md c:\olddhcp, and then press** **ENTER.
- Type move %SystemRoot%\system32\DHCP\*.* c:\olddhcp, and then press ENTER.
- Type del %SystemRoot%\system32\DHCP\Dhcp.md, and then press ENTER.
- Type copy%SystemRoot%\system32\dhcp\backup\jet\new\dhcp.mdb%SystemRoot%\system32\dhcp\dhcp.mdb, and then press ENTER.
- Type net start dhcpserver, and then press** **ENTER.
To verify that the DHCPv6 service is running:
- At the DHCPv6 server computer, click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.
- At the command prompt, type sc queryex dhcp.
- The DHCPv6 Server service state should be displayed as RUNNING.