Event ID 20041 — RASMAN Service Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Connection Manager is a client dialer and connection software program. You can customize it by using the Connection Manager Administration Kit (CMAK) wizard to create a service profile.
The Remote Access Connection Manager (RASMAN) service establishes the connection to the remote server.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||RASMXS.DLL cannot load RASSER.DLL.|
Restart the computer or remove and reinstall Routing and Remote Access service
Restart the computer. If the problem persists, remove and reinstall the Routing and Remote Access service.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
Uninstall Routing and Remote Access service
To uninstall Routing and Remote Access service:
- In Server Manager, under Roles Summary, click Remove Roles.
- In the Remove Roles Wizard, click Next.
- In the list of server roles, select Network Policy and Access Services to clear the check box.
- Click Next, and then click Remove.
Install Routing and Remote Access service
To install Routing and Remote Access service:
In Server Manager, under Roles Summary, click Add Roles.
-- OR --
In the Initial Configuration Tasks window, under Customize This Server, click Add Roles.
In the Add Roles Wizard, click Next.
In the list of server roles, select Network Policy and Access Services. Click Next twice.
In the list of role services, select Routing and Remote Access Services to select all of the role services. You can also select individual server roles.
Follow the steps in the Add Roles Wizard to complete the installation of the Routing and Remote Access service.
You can verify that Remote Access Connection Manager is working by checking the installation or service status.
To check the status of the Remote Access Connection Manager service:
- Open Server Manager. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the navigation pane, double-click Diagnostics, and then click Services.
- In the details pane, verify that the Remote Access Connnection Manager service is installed and started.
Note: If the Remote Access Connection Manger service does not appear in the list of services, you might have to repair or reinstall the operating system. If you cannot start the Remote Access Connection Manager service, restart the computer.