Event ID 3014 — Windows Search
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Windows Search service indexes information about the contents of your hard disk to facilitate your searches, making them much faster and more accurate.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||An exception occurred. ID: %2. This is an internal error. Reproduce the error with the debugger attached and enable exceptions, then contact product support. One of the components loaded in your system is bad. You may be able to avoid the problem by recreating the index.%1|
Manually rebuild the index
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To delete the catalog and rebuild the index:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Classic View of the Control Panel, double-click Indexing Options.
- Click Advanced.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- On the Index Settings tab, click Rebuild.
- Click OK.
To verify that files are being indexed:
- Click Start and then click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type notepad.exe. Notepad should open.
- Type an unusual keyword or phrase in the new document, and then save the file to your My Documents directory or to another directory that is being indexed.
- Click Start, and then type your new keyword or phrase in the Search box. The file you created using Notepad should appear in the Search Results window.