Event ID 5012 — Miniport Driver Not Supported
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Obsolete drivers are not supported in the versions of the Windows operating systems released after Windows XP.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||%2 : The I/O base address supplied does not match the jumpers on the network adapter.|
Update network adapter driver
The driver will not load because it is not supported by Windows operating systems released after Windows XP. Contact the hardware vendor for a driver that corresponds to the version of the Windows operating system you are using.
After you have obtained a new driver from the hardware vendor, use Device Manager to update the driver.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To use Device Manager to update the network adapter driver:
- Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in Start Search, and then press** **ENTER.
- Expand Network Adapters.
- Right-click the network adapter, and then click Update Driver Software.
- Follow the steps in the Update Driver wizard.
To use Device Manager to view the status of network adapters:
- Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in Start Search, and then press ENTER.
- Click Network adapters in the Device Manager tree, and then verify that the network adapter is present.
- Right-click the network adapter, and then click Properties.
- Device Status should indicate This device is working properly.