Event ID 1010 — Language Pack Installation and Removal
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Multilingual User Interface (MUI) language packs and Language Interface Packs (LIPs) are installed and removed on your computer using the Language Pack Setup tool (Lpksetup.exe). You can run this program using the Language Pack Setup Wizard or in unattended silent mode.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Error message suppressed from UI: %1|
Find suppressed error messages
During your unattended language installation or removal, an error occurred but was not shown in the user interface. You should check Event Viewer for errors that occurred at the same time as this error.
To find the errors that were suppressed:
- Open Event Viewer. (Type Event Viewer in the Start Search box and press ENTER)
- In the left pane, expand Applications and Services Logs, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, and click LanguagePackSetup.
- Double-click Operational.
- Click to sort the events based on the Date and Time column.
- Review the events that occurred at the time you received this error.
To verify that the language pack was successfully installed or removed:
- In Control Panel, click Change display language (located under the Clock, Language, and Region section).
- Verify the language is listed (or not listed) in the drop-down list.
Note: The drop-down list will only be visible if you have already installed a language pack or if your operating system supports Multilingual User Interface (MUI). MUI language packs can only be installed on Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise.