Event ID 18220 — COM General Functionality
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
COM+ applications use Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology in Microsoft Windows operating systems to communicate and take advantage of Windows services. COM technologies include COM+, DCOM, and ActiveX Controls.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) in the application "%1" was trying to convert embedded content in a document; however, OLE no longer supports the presentation format for the embedded content. Newer versions of this application might support this presentation format natively.%r%r|
Contact the application developer about a deprecated feature
There is an error condition as a result of a problem in the application code. The current version of the application is referring to a feature that is no longer available in the operating system.
Provide the entire event message to the application developer and request an updated version of the application.
You can verify that your security policy for this server is configured properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required security properties are set.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the required security properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your computer, click Component Services, click Computers, and then click My Computer.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the COM Security tab, and confirm that the Access Permissions and Launch and Activition Permissions properties are set properly.