Event ID 6 — Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Load Balancing Service
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Load Balancing service is used with Terminal Services Gateway server. The administrator can configure the RPC Load Balancing service using the Terminal Server administrative tool.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||RPC Proxy load balancing module (PID: %1) cannot process registry key %2 as a valid UUID. User Action Verify that the registry key is a correctly formatted UUID. If the value is not correct, edit the registry key to reflect the correct value.|
Fix the configuration error
The RPC Name Load Balancer could not locate a valid registry key. The registry key may be missing or corrupted.
If you changed the application's configuration settings, undo the change, and then restart the application. Or, to correct a corrupt registry key, try reinstalling the application.
The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over HTTP Proxy service installs RPC Proxy Load Balancer automatically. Verify that RPC over HTTP Proxy is installed, and ensure that the RPC/HTTP Load Balancing service is running by using the Services administrative tool.
You can verify that the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over HTTP Proxy service is installed by opening Server Manager and finding the service under Features Summary.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the RPC over HTTP Proxy service is installed:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- In the console tree, click Features.
- In the details pane, under Features Summary, look for RPC over HTTP Proxy in the list of installed features.
To verify that the RPC/HTTP Load Balancing service is running:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type services.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- Scroll down the list of services to locate RPC/HTTP Load Balancing Service.
- Confirm that the status of the service is Started.